JAC Memorial Fund

JulieCarpenterUp

Julie Ann Carpenter passed away in 2009 after a courageous four-year battle with breast cancer.

Julie was determined to fight this terrible disease, and was constantly on the lookout for the latest research about potential treatments and scientific breakthroughs. She regularly traveled to various scientific and medical conferences in order to have the most up-to-date information possible. These events were instrumental to her maintaining an effective treatment regimen and a high quality of life.

The JAC Memorial Fund

Julie Ann Carpenter Memorial Fund helps provide resources to women with breast cancer who are also actively searching for the latest treatment options. The fund cannot make donations directly to individuals. Instead, we work with charitable organizations dedicated to educating the breast cancer community about these scientific and medical breakthroughs by conducting or participating in conferences which disseminate this information.  A full 98% of the money donated to us is used to fund scholarships and travel stipends. The remaining 2% is retained by the Pasadena Community Foundation, through which the fund’s various accounting and legal requirements are administered.

Grant Activities

Since its inception, The Julie Ann Carpenter Memorial Fund has raised and donated over $30,000 to fund these scholarships.

In 2011, we began partnering with Alamo Breast Cancer Foundation (ABCF).  Each year since then, we have funded three full scholarships (about $5,000) for the ABCF Advocacy Program, which runs each December. The ABCF brings in patient advocates (usually not medical or scientific professionals) and gives them an intensive three-day instructional seminar in basic scientific and medical research topics occurring at the moment. Immediately afterward, the advocates attend the San Antonia Breast Cancer Symposium (SABCS), which is primarily for doctors and researchers. Through their prior instruction with ABCF, advocates can better understand the breakthroughs and data coming from the SABCS. The advocates then are expected to share their knowledge by writing topic papers which are collected by ABCF and distributed freely, and participate in other breast community forums and events.

Donate

Your donation can give a woman with breast cancer access to information – and hope.

The Fund is administered through the Pasadena Community Foundation, and all donations are tax deductible. A gift receipt will be provided by PCF.

You can make a gift online here: JAC Memorial Fund

You can also send a check directly to PCF at:

Pasadena Community Foundation
301 E. Colorado Blvd. Ste 810
Pasadena, CA 91101

(Please indicate Julie Ann Carpenter Memorial Fund in memo line on your check.)

 

For more information, please contact us at JACMemorialFund@yahoo.com

 

 

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>